The syllabi and courses of study are designed to lead to maticulation examination of the board of secondary education and higher secondary examination of the board of higher secondary education, chennai.
There shall be three terminal examinations and three mid-term tests in every academic year. students should attend all the examinations.
Note of Parents
Parents are requested to co-operate with the staf and ensure the progress of their children by paying attention to their punctuality, regularity, discipline and by taking interest in their children's work
Aim and Objectives of the Institution
The Maxwell School operating under Doss Welfare Trust, Thanjavur, since 1986. It offering formal education through the Tamilnadu Samacheer syllabus, imparts value based education which extends a strong and effective moral foundation.
The school has grown from strength of 135 students to nearly 5000 students and the teaching faculty from 11 to 200. From a humble beginning the school building has become a strong edifice with 101 classrooms, a spacious playground and a grand Auditorium with a seating capacity of 500
23 Batches of X students and 21 batches of XII students passed out and extremely proud to say all the batches have brought laurel to this school by getting good results in the Board exam conduced by the Government of Tamilnadu
The subject clubs of our school like, Literary Club, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies Clubs keep the students aware of the latest development in the subjects.
Students are also inspired to take part in all cultural activities at the intra, inter school, District, Zonal and also in State levels.
Teachers of our Maxwell are sent for seminars to keep abreast with the latest changes and trends in the teaching methodology and to quench their thirst for knowledge.
The aim of the institution is not to produce students only with academic achievements. It aims at to develop the total personality of the child. It makes him/her a better citizen of tomorrow having imbibed in him/her, the qualities of leadership, reverence for Indian culture, regard for elders and respect for the noble ideals and norms of the society.
Application forms are available along with the School Prospectus and must be filled carefully and forwarded to the Principal before the prescribed date.
- Birth Certificate and Community Certificate are a compulsory accompaniment to the admission form.
- Admission to Class LKG is on completion of three years and to Class XI at fifteen years (both as on 30th June)
- The co-educational school, with residential facilities, is managed by the Maxwell School Council
- Medium of Instruction is English
- The second languages taught in the school are Tamil & Hindi
- Std I to X follow the State Common Syllabus and do the SSLC Exam.
- Std XI and XII do the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary School Board Exam.
- Tamil, and Hindi are offered as additional languages.
- The academic year begins in June and runs through to May with four terms dividing the year. All students are provided with a school calendar that details every event, including public holidays and term breaks, to facilitate information to parents and pupils alike.
- Groups available in Std XI
- Group A ( 102 ) : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers
- Group B (103) : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology